Your Hosts

Education is our passion

Your Instructor Team

PSR founding instructor, Joe Brummel, and his colleague, Brandon Lawrence are experienced retirement plan advisors with Strategic Retirement Partners (SRP), a national team of more than 130 retirement plan professionals. They bring their knowledge and experience working with the leadership and employees of for-profit, non-profit, and governmental organizations to every Roundtable program.

Joe Brummel

Founding Instructor

Brandon Lawrence

Brandon Lawrence

Associate Instructor

Joe, Brandon, and the SRP Upper Midwest team are committed to professional excellence and have earned important credentials including:

  • Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
  • Certified 401k Professional (C(k)P®)
  • Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor (CPFA®)
  • Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®)
  • Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC)
  • Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist (CRPS)

…. And a little independent recognition including 401kWire’s “Top 300 Most Influential Defined Contribution Advisors in America”, Financial Times’ “Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors”, 401k Specialist Magazine’s Top Advisor by Participant Outcomes, and one of three finalists for PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year.

Strategic Retirement Partners has earned the CEFEX Certification for Fiduciary Excellence, a designation earned by adherence to fiduciary best practices and a transparent, independent professional assessment.

CEFEX Certification for Fiduciary Excellence in white

A Little History

Joe Brummel’s first post-college job mentor, Richard, offered him this sage advice:

Start saving 15% in your 401(k) plan right away. You’ll need to do that over your working career to retire with enough money at a reasonable age. If you start saving that now, you can live off the other 85% of your paycheck and you won’t miss the difference – you just got out of college, and you’ve never made more money in your life!”

Richard’s advice was so straightforward and sensible Joe knew it was the right thing to do without calling on his degree in economics or a calculator. He started saving 15% right away.

A few years later, Joe changed career direction to help others the way Richard helped him – by providing straightforward and relatable financial advice that helps people act in their own best interest.

After many years of educating leaders of companies and their employees one location at a time, Joe decided to offer a couple of lunch roundtable programs in 2012. The response was hugely positive. There was clearly a demand for education from those in positions of authority over their group retirement plans and virtually no place they could go to learn how to run their plans better.

Joe also recognized there are important advantages to a collaborative education forum over education delivered in client review meetings:


Surrounding plan sponsors with peers from other organizations helps neutralize the often-strong influences and potentially detrimental biases that can be present within one plan’s retirement committee or decisionmaker group.


The Roundtable provides a more conducive environment to think more deeply and connect dots to understand issues and solve problems.


Roundtables make it possible to cover topics in new ways that can get more perspectives by discussion among leaders from multiple organizations.

We invite you to register for PSR programs and learn to get more out of your company retirement plan experience.

PSR Icon

Our Purpose and Mission

Plan Sponsor Roundtable’s mission is to help improve the knowledge, decisions, and actions of group retirement plan sponsors through collaborative education with peers and industry specialists. This is in recognition of challenges plan sponsors have in meeting their fiduciary responsibilities, the influence employers have in helping employees with financial health, and the need to improve retirement plan outcomes for both employers and employees.

Grey circle

or sign up for invites

PSR program registration is complimentary. Seating is limited to encourage active participation.

Sign Up!